Define Optical Components
The following optical elements can be defined:
- Light sources / Spotlights – Light sources are Creo elements with any kind of curves. For each curve, a beam is sent through the assembly and analyzed.
- Material / Medium – On media the rays are refracted according to the refractive indices. Select the wavelength dependent material properties from a database.
- Reflective elements – parts where rays are reflected. You can specify the degree of reflection.
- End elements – parts where the beam to be evaluated should end.
- Absorbing elements – The beam is absorbed at these elements and ends here.
- Divider surfaces – Here the beam is divided into two beams. You can specify the degree of reflection.
Use Material Database
SMARTOptics offers an extensive glass database with materials from HOYA, OHARA and SCHOTT.
Of course, this database can be extended with your own materials at any time. In addition to the materials, it is also possible to define colors and wavelengths in order to refer to them later on.
The result is temporarily displayed in the assembly.
It is also possible to generate the results as geometry in the form of curves or points in Creo Parametric. This also allows cooperation with partners who do not use SMARTOptics.
Support the use of different wavelengths
SMARTOptics supports the use of different wavelengths for your light sources. Check how your product behaves at different wavelengths and compare the results.